3.08.2013

The Moment You Remember That You Have A Blog.

Something's been gnawing at me for the past couple weeks.

When someone tweets about SXSW, or I see a fashion magazine detailing Taylor Swift's style transformation, I feel a pang in my heart. 

I'm completely and absolutely forgetting something. I'm forgetting something big that I love. 

And the feeling hasn't disappeared. It follows me around the house, hangs over me at work, and invades my thoughts when I'm watching Downton Abbey.

What is it that's been bothering me?

I realized it this afternoon, while I was reading an e-mail from a friend.

It's my blog!

My blog has been neglected, to the point where I haven't updated in five months. Yes, five months.

What have I done in that five months?

I began working at a major department store. I work in kids' wear, so it's been an interesting change of pace, to say the least.

I've moved three times; John and I did our final move in December. 

I adopted a cat; her name is Sapphire.
Sapphire & Biscuit: sisters from different misters.

So much has happened. And yet, the blog remained to be not updated.

The truth is, there are not as many fashion events in Anchorage. There aren't as many events, period.

So I've been writing a few ideas down, some that have nothing to do with fashion. I hope you'll look forward to them because starting Monday, Bella Vogue will be back. For real this time. 
All content, unless written otherwise, is property of Chelsea Hands.
Use of author's personal photos is strictly forbidden.