3.17.2010

Austin Street Style : Amber & Brazos at the Mohawk

I took a photo of Amber last year,
right before she was leaving school for SXSW 2009.


At the Art Institute of Austin campus on Thursday.


This year I volunteered enough hours to get a SXSW music pass, so expect more photos from SXSW2010 throughout the week.


Until then, enjoy this 30-second clip of the band Brazos. They are a band from Austin, and I saw them at the Mohawk (912 Red River) last night. Really dug their sound and then today I found the band was featured in the March Music issue of Tribeza. I've been carrying around the issue in my bag all week after I picked it up at Urban Outfitters on the Drag. I spoke with the lead singer, Martin Crane, just as they were packing up after their set. Set list included the songs Kid, The Observer (poem by Adrienne Rich), Day Glo, We Understand Each Other, and Tell. The clip is of "Tell".





If you missed the show at the Mohawk, they're also playing around town through the 20th. Check out their myspace for more details.

I may have taken this photo during the Brazos sound check.
The show was outside and I was worried the rain would cancel it.
Here's what I wore:
Dress: 'Whipped Cream' from Cream Vintage West Campus
Bag: Betseyville by Betsey Johnson
Leggings: Wet Seal

Next week I'm going to be tackling finals at school, so things are fairly hectic as the moment. I'm really looking forward for all the events this week due to South By to be my escape for the week.
Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like the look of that band. Must myspace! I adore new music tip offs. Thanks for the vid and photos. And that lead singer is a honey!

    It only just occured to me that having a blog gives me a legit excuse to photograph cute boys in public. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting videos, Chelsea. thanks for sharing!! great styles, too. love the sequined top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just know that I am experiencing SXSW vicariously through you - totally wish I was there! And, ummm...could Amber's top be anymore fabulous?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Leave a comment & I'll be sure to visit yours.

-- That Chelsea Girl

All content, unless written otherwise, is property of Chelsea Hands.
Use of author's personal photos is strictly forbidden.