9.04.2011

Austin Street Style: Monday on North Loop.

Anyone that has an interest in street fashion should be reading and listening to what Bill Cunningham of The New York Times has to say. He has mastered the art of taking someone's photograph without the subject realizing it. And sometimes, that's the best way to take a style photo.

I've always thought photos of people in their natural state of being are more interesting to look at, before I even knew who Mr. Cunningham was. Snapping a candid shot also takes out the clumsy "Hi, I write a style blog you've never heard of, can I get your photo?" chat. The bottom line? People, as strangers, fascinate me, and capturing the essence of an event can be done without anyone posing for their photo.

So here are the rest of my photos from Monday night's Rock the Casbah Fashion Show at Phara's outdoor patio. Some are candid, others are not. Either way, I hope you enjoy this little piece of Austin.
Laurie Gallardo: her radio personality matches up with her personal style.
I like the floral pattern on the stripes.
Juliana and Amy, from Blackbird Clothes & Curios.
With Juliana, co-owner of Blackbird Clothes & Curios.
I like how she tucked the handkerchief halter into the high-waisted shorts.
Still wearing her skirt from Splendor, this model has the look of a genie.
The lighting was done by ILIOS.
This is designer of the leather pouches that were shown during the Green House segment of the fashion show.
I have to give props to the belly dancer.
Phara's, as we were leaving.

At Epoch with a muffin to-go: Lisa; many thanks to her for getting me to the show!
At Epoch: I was inspired by Sofia Coppola's lavender wedding dress to break out these tights.
My tights and boots are from Wet Seal, while my shirtdress is from Target. I say "shirtdress" because it was meant to be a kid's shirt, with an attached cami underneath. I cut out the cami long ago.
If you would like to see my photos of the fashion show, I posted them on Tuesday

13 comments:

  1. Awesome! I wish I could have gone! And I love your lavender tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could've made it to the fashion show! I was planning to go until I got home that evening after a long day of school and just couldn't drag myself back out into the world. But now I wish I had gone! It looks like it was a lot of fun and I bet you got a ton of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to really hate candid shots until I began to see the art in them. You can tell a lot about a person from a candid picture. I'm usually ready for candid pictures because, let's face it, I am a total poser. If there is a camera pointed anywhere near my direction, I'm aware of it.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love all of these looks - the sequins, the floral, the stripes, the leopard print...gorg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous post!
    Love all these fashionable ladies!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post!
    All these people are so stylish!
    xx

    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like such a fun event! You have incredible hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool pictures!! Look like you had a good time :D I'm following

    Look at my blog and follow me if you like :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    sBt

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a great photos! great photos thanks for the comment!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fashion, great photos. I would love to be able to photograph so quickly that the subject is unaware, but I have not quite got there, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how that dress with stripes looks like.. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. all the girls look amazing!!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fun night! love those purple tights. can't wait til it cools down here so i too can throw on some colorful tights!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Leave a comment & I'll be sure to visit yours.

-- That Chelsea Girl

All content, unless written otherwise, is property of Chelsea Hands.
Use of author's personal photos is strictly forbidden.