4.26.2013

The Big 2-4.

Last week, two things happened:
I baked my own birthday cake, turned 24, and Hubs came home from his first deployment!

Okay, so maybe that was three things. 

To sum it up: it was an emotional week. Recent, national events reminded me to stop, enjoy life, and keep in touch with loved ones. 

Birthdays, to me, are what a New Year's Day is to others: it's a time to review the past year, evaluate my successes and failures, and outline what I would like to do before Earth completes another rotation around the sun. 

I'm not exactly sure what things I would like to accomplish before I turn 25. But I know when I read my previous reflection on turning 23,  I have to laugh. I had no idea what the entirety of the year had in store for me, and as the saying goes, hindsight is 20/20.

I hope that my 24th year has as many adventures as my 23rd, if not more.

Speaking of adventures, now that Hubs is home, I have someone to share outdoor excursions with. Here are some of the photos I took on my birthday while hiking on base.
The moose came out for my birthday.
 Hubs, during our hike around Knik Arm.
The tide was coming in, and I decided to stand on a frozen mound of mud.
I felt like The Little Mermaid.
Knik Arm.
 At Six Mile Creek.
I couldn't be happier to have Hubs home!

Find me on Instagram to keep in touch & share photos! 

2 comments:

  1. Am so glad your hubbie came home, that's wonderful & you had a great birthday too. Happy Birthday wishes to you doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me for not visiting it forever, but my time is short, because the course I am doing.
    Congratulations, best wishes!!! I loved the pictures are beautiful! Wow I love your style!!

    Have a nice day!
    ✻ ღ Ϡ ₡ ღ ✻
    (✻ ¯ `'¯)
    `*. ¸. * ✻ ✿ ✻ *. ¸ `` *. ¸. * ✻ ✿ ✻ *.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Leave a comment & I'll be sure to visit yours.

-- That Chelsea Girl

All content, unless written otherwise, is property of Chelsea Hands.
Use of author's personal photos is strictly forbidden.