9.01.2009

Style Profile of Zooey Deschanel.

I recently went to see (500) Days of Summer. If you have not seen it, I really think you should: it's a great comedy with Miss Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (from 3rd Rock From the Sun). They also had previously starred in 2001's Manic, and had great chemistry in this flick as well. I have loved Zooey Deschanel ever since 2003's All the Real Girls. In that movie she plays a virgin named Noel who falls for Paul, a womanizer, who in return falls in love for the first time. Such a great little indie film, and something seemed really familar about the fresh-faced girl.


Sure enough, I found out that she had a small part as the cooler, much-more-experienced-in-all-things-hip older sister in Cameron Crowe's Almost Famous and was featured in the Jennifer Aniston flick The Good Girl. In 2003, she played alongside Will Ferrel in Elf and moved on to the female lead in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in 2005. She then appeared in Failure to Launch as Sarah Jessica Parker's sardonic sidekick, and continued her roll of great films in last winter's Yes Man alongside Jim Carrey.



What I love most about Zooey Deschanel is her style. Every time I see a photograph of her, I think to myself, "I could have some great conversations about clothes with this girl." Of course it doesn't hurt that she's also engaged to Benjamin Gibbard, the frontman of Death Cab for Cutie, or is the female half of She & Him.

A talented girl with a bright future ahead of her, I would not be surprised to see the 29-year-old actress and singer land on any of the "Best Dressed" lists later this year. I especially love how she is constantly wearing skirts and dresses...the silhouettes are so dreamy!

Photos a la Photobucket.

3 comments:

  1. even though her indie movies aren't my style, i secretly think she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think she's adorable. total austin hipster. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks awesome. Nict to meet you! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Leave a comment & I'll be sure to visit yours.

-- That Chelsea Girl

All content, unless written otherwise, is property of Chelsea Hands.
Use of author's personal photos is strictly forbidden.